Collection and systematization of news about projects in multiple media
Team: Sandra Marques Pereira (researcher) e Sérgio Mil-Homens (trainee)
An exhaustive collection of news content was held in journals of national circulation, with a view to clarifying the media perception(s) of the most representative buildings, built in the last decade at the Riverside front of Lisbon. Besides the perception of the media, the main actors were established, aiming the reconstruction of the process associated with each work. From a methodological standpoint, a keyword search was conducted (local designation/work) on the sites of the various media. The media surveyed was Público, DN, Correio da Manhã, Expresso, Visão, Sábado, Time Out, Monocle, RTP, TVI, and SIC.
The research work was:
- a) “Campo das Cebolas” Parking and Public Space, by the architecture office “Carrilho da Graça architects”;
- b) Lisbon Cruise Terminal, by the architecture office Carrilho da Graça;
- c) “Ribeira das Naus”, by the architecture office “PROAP” with the architects João Nunes, Carlos Ribas and João Gomes da Silva;
- d) European Maritime Safety Agency by the architect Manuel Tainha;
- e) EDP Headquarters by the architecture office Aires Mateus and Associates;
- f) MAAT (Museum of Art, Architecture and Technology) by the architecture office Amanda Levete;
- g) Museu dos Coches (Museum of the Coches) by the architect Paulo Mendes da Rocha;
- h) Champalimaud Foundation by the architecture office Charles Correa Associates;
- i) Requalification of “Praça do Comércio” by the architecture office Bruno Soares Architects;
- j) Requalification of “Cais-do-Sodré” and “Largo Corpo Santo” by the architecture office Bruno Soares Architects;
The collected data allowed to build an Excel base with about 4,000 news, structured by work/media and characterized according to the following elements: I) title; II) a prominent phrase; (iii) Number of images; IV) News focus. The collected material will be the target of an in-depth study during the research project.