Task 7 – Technological Scope
For this task, the main sources will be the Riverfront General Plan of Interventions for Lisbon, the South Tagus River Arch City Plans, and the Polis Program.
It includes both the analysis of the technological evolution of design processes, and the inquiry into building systems used in the construction works of the most relevant buildings built in Lisbon and in the cities under the Polis program. Following samples based on case studies, it will be possible to launch a line of research on the main technological increases that were applied. Based on the surveys to be carried out under this project, main building innovations will be framed, such as:
- Designing tools (software and other processes), including geographic tools for structuring the interventions on territory;
- Simplification of procedural management mechanisms in licensing entities;
- Certification of materials and procedures for directing and inspecting works;
- Structural analysis for reinforced concrete, steel, or others;
- Sanitation and drainage processes at the building and underground level;
- Building systems;
- Facades and insulation;
- Security systems;
- HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning), home automation and new technologies;
- Optimization systems, energy collecting and recycling.
01 Apr 2019 – 31 Mar 2021
João Paulo Delgado
Hired fellow researcher